Committee details - Orbis Joint Committee
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Committee details
Orbis Joint Committee
Purpose of committee
This meeting is administered by Surrey County Council, copies of agenda and minutes can be found at Orbis Joint Committee
1. The Committee shall comprise no more than six members, being an equal number of East Sussex County Council Cabinet Members (appointed by the Leader of East Sussex County Council) and Surrey County Council Cabinet Members (appointed by the Leader of Surrey County Council).
2. Each Council’s Leader may nominate one substitute Cabinet Member to attend meetings of the Joint Committee, should an appointed member of the Committee be unavailable or unable to attend a meeting of the Joint Committee. A substitute Cabinet Member attending in the absence of an appointed Member will have full voting rights.
Terms of Reference
The Orbis Joint Committee will:
1. Oversee the delivery of the services delivered jointly through the Orbis partnership of East Sussex County Council and Surrey County Council (‘Orbis’).
2. Recommend proposals to meet the annual budget for Orbis, set by each of East Sussex County Council and Surrey County Council.
3. Approve the Orbis Business Plan and performance measures
4. Monitor the Orbis Business Plan and performance of Orbis
5. Approve revisions to the Terms of Reference of the Orbis Joint Committee
Meetings of the Committee:
The Orbis Joint Committee will meet on four occasions a year, unless a different number of meetings is determined by the Committee.