Agenda item - BH2020/00325-Avon Court, 12 Dallington Road, Hove BN3 5HS - Full Planning
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2020/00325-Avon Court, 12 Dallington Road, Hove BN3 5HS - Full Planning
RECOMMENDATION – GRANT
Ward Affected: Wish
Proposed roof alterations incorporating 2no front dormers and 3 rear extensions to form 1no two bedroom flat (C3)
(1) It was noted that an in- depth presentation had been provided by officers in advance of the meeting and was included on the council website detailing the scheme by reference to site plans, floor plans, elevational drawings and photographs which also showed the scheme in the context of neighbouring development.
(2) The main considerations in determining the application related to the principle of the development, the design of the extensions, their impact on neighbouring amenity, on highways and the proposed standard of accommodation. It was considered that the proposal would make a minor contribution to the council’s housing targets through the provision of well-considered, subordinated extensions to the host building which offered an acceptable standard of residential accommodation without having a detrimental impact on the building itself, the streetscene or neighbouring amenity; the application was therefore recommended for approval.
(3) Councillor Nemeth spoke in his capacity as a Local Ward Councillor setting out his objections to the scheme and those of local residents. It was considered that the massing and form of the proposed development would result in un-neighbourly and bulky development which would also increase strain to on-street parking in the area. In addition, the most recent drawings submitted seemed to indicate that it was intended to increase the ridge height of the roof although planning permission for that did not appear to have been sought.
(4) In answer to questions, the Planning Officer, Russell Brown, stated that if the applicant was seeking to increase the ridge height of the roof planning permission would be required and did not appear to have been requested as part of the current application. The Chair, Councillor Hill, suggested that consideration of the application be deferred pending clarification and the Committee was in agreement.
129.2 RESOLVED – That consideration of the above application be deferred pending clarification regarding whether the applicant intended to increase the roof height of the proposed development.
- Header BH2020 00325 - Avon Court 12 Dallington Road, item 129B PDF 22 KB
- Plan BH2020 00325 - Avon Court 12 Dallington Road, item 129B PDF 306 KB
- Report BH2020 00325 - Avon Court 12 Dallington Road.doc, item 129B PDF 171 KB
- Cllr Rep BH2020 00325 - Avon Court 12 Dallington Road.doc, item 129B PDF 203 KB