Agenda item - Housing Allocations Review
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Housing Allocations Review
19.1 An officer gave a brief overview of the Housing Allocations Review, various changes following the review in 2016 were presented such as the move to a system to 4 separate queues. It was further noted that work to house homeless people was on target and that efforts to be more proactive to ascertain what people needed within specific queues was underway.
19.2 Residents had the following concerns, statements and enquiries:
· Concern was expressed regarding the slow process of Housing
· It was noted that offers were far from the original request
19.3 Officers responded to residents with the following:
· Some applicants had received housing first time
· Some people had received assisted bidding
· It was important to make use of the 700 houses in the city
19.4 The Chair noted that there were a series of regulations that Officers had to carefully follow. It was confirmed that this would be coming to committee on the 19th September 2018.
19.5 RESOLVED – that the report was noted.